Custom Mob Heads
Special thanks to Zuikis121 for gathering the information for this page, and writing the majority of this guide over on the Wiki!
When killing a mob, there is a small chance that mob will drop it's head. These are different from the standard zombie, skeleton, creeper and wither skeleton heads, and there are variations for most mobs.
There are a total of 127 (129 counting unused mobs) obtainable mob head variants.
Head drop rates are determined by:
- 1% Base
- +0.1% per level of Looting (Capped at Looting III)
- Amount of heads gained from the same mob (the odds are halved after each head dropped, This may be changed for The Community Update)
- Final Blow (The player has to deal the final blow, falling and other death factors will not yield heads)
Head drop rate is not determined by:
- Sweeping (mobs killed by sweeping does drop heads)
- Tool (Only Swords can have Looting though)
Some mobs have different variants of heads, the odds of it dropping are random
However, the type of head is not affected by:
- Baby / Adult (both drop the same head)
- Variation (e.g: Sheep colour, type of Llama, Zombie Villager profession etc.)